Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

Bandit , tired from all that begging !


The grandpa's relaxing on Easter evening


Brianna singing in front of the t.v while Dan and Jeff were trying to watch a movie. They were so sweet thanking their mother for putting the toy bag in the living room. ( My form of birth control)


Bella also belting out a tune.



The girls in their Easter dresses. So cute !




Avery, looking smart in his Easter vest ! I missed his singing the hippopatamus song !



Elise looking darling on dads lap


For those of you who don't know, I had to exercise my authority as a mother to get the boys to go to church on Easter. I basically told them if they did not go, they did not have to show up at the dinner table to eat. I made some of their favorites to entice them with the smells. I made a turkey, a spiral ham, mashed and baked potatoes, corn and beans, hot rolls, jello, and cheescake. Guess what ? They all made it to church ! Then they filled their tummies and took a nap just like Bandit. These were the action shots of the day : Chad pulling the covers over his face so I could not snap his picture, Ben half waking up during the picture, and Jeff and Dan out like lights. What an exciting crew. And Jim was outside trying to move a barn. I did enjoy the Easter service. And I loved seeing all the Nykerks at church, and Macey and Kelsey had the cutest dresses on ! They are so sweet ! And Dan thanks Macey, I guess she did not find one of her candies in the Easter egg hunt , Dan did, and he ate it. I guess some kids never grow up !



Ben




Chad




Jeff




Dan

Then for supper I had Tracy and Terry and family, Malissa , Duane and Brianna, Esther, my dad and Jims dad ( Oh yeh! and Tansy) As you can see , I put my crown from my 50th birthday party to good use in the toy bag !


I had Ron and his father, Al and Marcia, my nephew Phil , and my family for Easter dinner. It was a hard holiday for me as Marti has been gone just one year. I remember bringing her purple tulips when she was at Spectrum last year for chemo. Whenever I asked what she would like she said she did not need anything. I felt at least she could enjoy some of the outdoors inside , those hospital walls are so gloomy ! I have a hard time when I hear about people who don't get along with their siblings. I just wish I still had all of mine around. Hope everyone had a good Easter . What a blessing to know our loved ones who have passed are in heaven !


.












4 comments:

  1. You are a SAINT Rachel. All that cooking and all that company. Food sounds GREAT, I loved the "action" shots of the boys.I was glad that I remembered that Marti passed a year ago and mentioned it to you yesterday, but so glad they are all together in heaven where it is a party every day....Mom, Marti, Renee, your other older sister, ( I am sorry I am drawing a blank on her name)....anyhow, every day I think of Mom and Renee and feel blessed for the days we had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for having us! We had a great time, as always. It's nice that we can come and know that the kids are going to be welcome and enjoyed...even if they do break a glass on the tile floor...or a dog dish, right? It is hard to believe it's been a year already. Almost 13 months! I still think about her a lot and know how much she would have loved to know Elise, or see how crazy Avery (still) is, and Isabella's sweet personality and pretty curls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your always welcome Tracy, you know I don't put much value in a glass or pottery dog dish ! They are replacable. Marti would have loved to see and play with your precious children. I am sure she would have been doing more counted crossstitch bibs and blankets for them too !

    ReplyDelete
  4. All those boys sleeping in looks familiar to me! Thanks for sharing your Easter experience with all of us. Family is so very important!

    ReplyDelete