Friday, December 25, 2009

Wii Good TIme

We had the Versendaal Christmas Party at Malissa and Duanes this year. Our menu was lasagna, salads with all the fixings, frozen Pina Colada fruit salad, bruchetta, and for dessert, christmas cookies and chocolate fondue. In the above picture( Terry, Chad ,Heather and Duane we were playing Wii Tennis for prizes, then Wii boxing in order to steal someones prizes. As you can guess, big Jim really got into it.
This is me holding little Derek , what else would I be doing when a cute , sweet baby is around.

Malissa, Al, Marcia, Floyd, Heather and Derek, and Esther , watching the Wii tennis players.


Avery doing what he does best, charming people. During supper he asked me when we were opening presents? I told him after we were done eating. Five minutes later he came back to me and said his mom told him it was OK for him to open the presents that were from me . Now I know Tracy better than that. I am looking forward to the book they will write someday on the Escapades of Avery.



My Dad, does the nose look familiar ? He could not find a comfortable chair, of course he doesn't sleep in his bed because that is not comfortable either.

My brother Rich and Ron. Is Rich sleeping or is he deep in thought ( since he is a night shift worker, I am betting on sleeping).My nephew Joe, he works at Phil's in Saugatuck, he said it is real busy these days. he's a fan of the right school !

Our Family Party


Later that night, we opened our presents, I got this special one from Daniel, a picture frame, and he picked out some pictures and filled it , Loved it ! And Chad got me a new , fancy crockpot, I have meatballs cooking in it right now, it's fabulous. I can throw the old one with the broken handle out .

You gotta love their picture picks !

Jim getting excited over some chocolate covered cherries. (Whoopee !)


Chad opening his presents : a blender, lawn chair, cologne,and socks.
Jeff with his favorite present a Kid Rock t-shirt. I put Dan in charge of getting a couple of presents for Jeff, that was a mistake, I would have never bought him a t-shirt with someone pointing a gun at you. He better not wear it around the little children. Next year I shop, and he gets a t-shirt of Andrea Bocelli. He also got a softball glove, a double hobo pie maker, lawn chair, and airbed for camping.

Ben with his new northface jacket, he also got some socks, a dress shirt and warmer gloves.


Dan waiting patiently for the presents to come ! Not ! He bought a used Suburu Outback and wanted money towards his car, lucky for him I already had 2 presents bought : a panini maker and an expandable fishing pole, so he had a little to open. Looking forward to the Nykerk party tomorrow !




This was Advent Sunday before Christmas and Dave and Jeff were asked to be participant's by pastor Dan along with 2 other college age people, well one was sick so Dan graciously volunteered to help . Its not a great picture but proof they were there !














2 comments:

  1. GREAT blog Rachel...I loved that you said what everyone got....and even Dan got a few things. I asked him to post a pic of his new ride on Facebook...I LOVE that he got you the picture frame and filled it with pictures...I know that will get hung up. What a cool gift

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rach - Wonderful post, and how special that you got the picture frame (filled with pictures no less, that's the best part)from Dan. Hard to believe that those boys of yours are all grown up now - they're as fun loving as ever, and what fun to see all of them this Christmas!

    ReplyDelete