Friday, February 20, 2009

25 Random things

Joining in the fun with the rest of the fam.

1. I loved climbing trees when I was a kid.
2. My first vacation was going to Mammoth Cave in Kentucky. We went with 7 of us in the family, in a mercury, saw the cave and came right back home.
3. I had 2 girlfriends and 13 boyfriends in elementary school. The reason why should be obvious.
4. I was angry with my mom when she bought me a Tammy doll and I wanted a Barbie.
5. My first and last time I ever stole something was when I took a piece of bubblegum at Yff's when I was 5. My mom found out, you would have thought I had robbed a bank with her reaction.
6. I once danced on the table at Wayside East.
7. I carried (with help) a statue of Mary at Mercy Central School of Nursing, put it in my catholic roomates bed , shown the light on her face, covered her up with a blanket , and listened for her screams. We still remain friends despite it.
8. I dated a paraplegic.
9. I love clothes which are different from what everyone else wears.
10. I had a dog (poodle named Pepe') I never had another dog as good as he was.
11. I moved 8 times , all in Holland , while growing up, and have not moved since I was married.
12. I still love chocolate though I should not eat it.
13. My favorite vacation was our family cruise to Puerto Rico, Jamaica, and Grand Cayman.
14. I hate talking on the phone.
15. I hate sitting in a meeting.
16. I love going out for breakfast.
17. I am glad I am in Florida right now but vacation weeks go too fast.
18. I have secretly been dreaming of becoming my uncles housekeeper, changing my name to Maria, and staying here.
19. I had key lime cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory last night, and a drink called the Georgia peach. Yum!
20. Today I walked off the cheesecake and the Georgia peach drink along the Ocean mile.
21. I dream about going shopping with future daughter-in-laws.
22. I hate mammograms.
23. I have not had a colonoscopy but doubt they are much fun either.
24. I donnot mind turning 50 but I really donnot want any junk mail from Evergreen commons, AARP, or funeral homes wanting to sell me a cemetary plot.
25. I really am dreading driving my dad home on sunday. I think I will change my name to Maria.

2 comments:

  1. hey Maria,
    Great blog, I sure do not blame you for wanting to change your name and stay down there for a bit.
    The one of you carrying Mary and putting her in bed cracked me up....
    Learned new things about you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girl - I too learned some new (& fun!) things about my sister-in-law! Dating a paraplegic was new to me, and I'm not surprised that you would. It's so like you to see past what most would view as insurmountable. Maria, enjoy the rest of your trip, but for the sake of the rest of us, please come home!

    ReplyDelete