Monday, February 23, 2009

Ft Lauderdale 2009


I'm back ! But man was it hard to return to this weather. I made the drive back in 23 hours . The traffic and drive was great until I hit South Haven. It was blowing snow, icy, and I needed to drive 50 mph. The weather in Florida was sunny, warm, around 72-85 each day, a little windy a couple of days so Floridians complained about it being too cold. Hello ! I can show you cold ! Come visit us in Holland Mi. We did our usual shopping at my favorite Sawgrass Mall. We of course ate at the Cheesecake Factory, Grand Lux Cafe, and Bahama Breeze, all located out by the Sawgrass Mall. My uncle took us to a couple of his favorite restaurants ; a mexican one called Carlos and Pepe's, and an Italian one called Marcianos. We of cource hit our favorite Italian bakery . My uncle graciously let us use his home again for our vacation. Thank-you Uncle Dick ! I took a couple of friends along , Julie and Sandy. We spent most of each day just reading, sunbathing by the ocean and pool, we also walked every day for some exercise . I think I did see enough pampered pets on the Ocean Mile. Several people carrying their pets and also pushing cats and dogs in little covered stollers. Don't anyone tell Esther ( alias the crazy dog lady) or you know who will be the next pampered pet .




My Uncle Dicks home in Ft Lauderdale.





I broke the bottle opener but I was determined to get that wine bottle open with fierce determination and some plyers.



Julie and I at Sawgrass Mall.




Our favorite Italian bakery, they also had all kinds of flavored sorbet. european coffee, espresso, and cappucino





These are Italian pastry, called Bara or something. I told Sandy they looked like a penis, it took her several days before she forgot what I said and could try one.




They actually are like a donut and had some glaze made with a liquor. I had chocolate covered strawberries, and Julie had tiramisu.





Sandy getting tanner at the beach.




Me getting a massage in the massage chair, it even massages you calves. I also had an oil treatment by my uncle, it is to cleanse the toxins out of your body.



Julie getting a treatment from my uncle. Being a chiropractor you don't get out of there without one especially if you show any signs of illness.( Julie caught a cold ) He also did some neck cracking.

Now back to reality, and back to work.






5 comments:

  1. Man I'm jealous! Looks like you girls had lots of fun and relaxation. Sorry you had to come back to this crappy weather :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have to come some time Brenda, and you are right , I am sick of this snow and rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great!!! I LOVE your swimsuit!

    I am jealous, that looks like SO much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tracy ! That suit was a good buy at Marshalls in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look about 35.....Your Son's blog is quite the "hit" with me

    ReplyDelete