Friday, January 2, 2009

Life At The Nykerk's











Well it is friday night and we went out to eat at Johnny Carino's for supper. We decided to get Dad Nykerk out of the house for awhile since we did not see him New Years Day. My sister-in-laws Carol and Jean , Jeans husband Scott, my sons Ben, Dan , and Chad went along. We had a great meal. One of the waiters was Luis who attends my neighborhood mentor group wednesday night at First Church. He always gives us special treatment and a hug before we leave. I made it a New Years resolution to start a blog, so here it is. I decided it was high time I joined the fun. Well here it is only Jan. 2, not bad if I say so myself. And mind you, Ben has jacked the battery from my laptop, so when I type this , each letter has a 5 second delay. ( I was luckily born patient).
The house is full of boys again. Tonight the game of choice is poker. Much quieter than Rock band. I have a couple of pictures so you have an idea . Oh , and they wanted to watch the Pistons while playing poker, so they turned the t.v. set. Then Jim could not see the Pistons, so he hooked up another t.v. I asked him why he did not just go watch it in the other room. His response was he wanted to see the Christmas tree. I think the tree will definately come down tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. Yeah, Rachel! Let me be the first to congratulate you on entering the world of blogging. I'm adding you right now as one of my blog buddies~I'm so excited! Blogging is fun and addictive and gives a convenient way to avoid the stuff you really ought to be doing...
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, YOU ROCK! I'm proud of you - and by the way, I LOVE your title - what a gas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great first post Aunt Rachel! I can tell you are going to be good at this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Rachel....you figured out how to download pics and everything. WOW. This is Carol I am signed into Jean's acct

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay...I'm looking again. What is that big thing on your couch? NO, not Jim. haha. He is so funny though...about the Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the support everyone. Ben thought of the title for the blog.

    ReplyDelete