Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Tazmanian Devil




This is Tanzy, alias Tazmanian Devil, she is dark like the devil himself. We are dog sitting as Esther is on her way to Florida. The evening was going pretty smooth, Tanzy just sat on our lap to watch the pistons, all was well. Then we went to bed, of course Tanzy has to sleep on the bed like at home, so now we have 2 dogs on the bed. I had fallen into a deep sleep after a long work week, I so look forward to my weekends and sat. morning going out for breakfast. I think I was alseep for 1 hour when I woke up to someone licking my ear , thought it was Jim and I swatted away his hand, then I realized it was too furry to be Jim, to my horror Tanzy had been licking my ear, and I couldn't move because she was standing on my hair ! She not only was licking my ear but sticking that tongue of hers deep into my ear, then she began chewing on my diamond earrings and necklace. She was walking over our heads , woke us up several more times before I had the energy to boot her out of the bedroom. The last time I had such a bad night with an animal was 27 years ago when I cat sat for a friend, it was a similar experience. This dog has Obsessive compulsive disorder of licking. Jims comments on the night were the best : 1) Your sister has taught this dog some bad habits. 2) Why did this have to happen on Superbowl weekend, its like a holiday for me. 3) Do you think Tansy is hungry ? 4) I think Bandit is scared of Tansy.

4 comments:

  1. Aunt Rachel this post made me laugh! You guys are so nice to watch Tansy for Esther. I hope you don't wake up to any more tongues in your ear... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, you crack me up, and those quotes from Jim are hilarious. I trust that Tansy will not be sleeping with you tonight, or there may have to be an "accident" - oh, did I leave the door open? What's that frozen "popsicle" in the backyard?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tansy slept outside the next night. Outside the bedroom that is ! Esther would never forgive me for any frozen tanzy popsicles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guess you won't be opening a kennel any time soon!

    ReplyDelete